1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

The case for quaternion notation

Discussion in 'The Case For...' started by shamangineer, Jan 10, 2020.

1. shamangineer

shamangineer Well-Known Member

This is a video showing how to visualize quaternion notation that I thought was good and could be a resource:

2 people like this.
  2. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

Not even sure what quaternions refer to to be honest.. but it reminded me of this lovely video by Alan Green & Robert Grant:

2 people like this.
  3. shamangineer

shamangineer Well-Known Member

Quaternion notation is what was used in the original Maxwell equations that were later modified by Heaviside (mentioned in the video) and Hertz into vector notation which removed the scalar (vorticular) component of the equation and left us with modern electrical theory.

From the writings and lectures I have seen from Eric Dollard he is using complex numbers in a similar way for his notation so if you want to develop the skills to practically be able to use the math he discusses this should help. I haven't delved too deep into his stuff yet myself, but it's on the list.

That video is awesome, thanks for sharing it.

2 people like this.
  4. rani

rani Well-Known Member

You know, I've kind of been thinking about some of this stuff recently, but from a geometric / kabalistic / sound based perspective.

The element of rotation in regards perception keeps popping up for me. It's like, something that looks chaotic is actually highly formal in it's construction if only you are able to approach it from the correct position.

Notice how perfect patterns emerge when your perspective is *just right*?

Not that I'm smart enough for all this, but I feel like meaning is right on the verge of popping out of the chaos, if only I could find a solid place to stand while I'm contemplating it all : )

1 person likes this.