1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

The Awesome Film Megapost

Discussion in 'Wild Card Forum' started by shamangineer, Aug 14, 2016.

1. shamangineer

shamangineer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't really interested. Other than the Kill Bill movies and Pulp Fiction I haven't been much of a fan. Evidently he is working on some sort of Star Trek project, unless it is a Klingon exploitation series where they sprout brow ridges and hair I don't see it going well. . .well even then it will still be shit. Was this Alex Kurtzman's idea?

2. rani

rani Active Member

The forecaster - really eye opening must watch film.

"MARTIN ARMSTRONG, once a US based trillion dollar financial adviser, used the number pi to predict economic turning points with precision. When some big New York bankers asked him to join the club to help them to take over Russia, he refused to join the manipulation. A few days later the FBI stormed his offices accusing him of a 3 billion dollar Ponzi Scheme - an attempt to stop him talking about the real Ponzi Scheme of debts that the US has build up over the years and which he thinks starts to collapse after October 1, 2015, a major pi turning point he is predicting."

Other honorable mentions this week -

MFKZ - strange, stylish anime set in 'Dark Meat City' an LA Analogue.

"Angelino is just one of thousands of deadbeats living in Dark Meat City. But an otherwise unremarkable scooter accident caused by a beautiful, mysterious stranger is about to transform his life... into a waking nightmare! He starts seeing monstrous forms prowling around all over the city... Is Angelino losing his mind, or could an alien invasion really be happening this quietly...?"

Time Trap - Fun, low-budget time paradox adventure, that doesn't so much have a twist, as goes AROUND the twist.

Bad Genius - Thai movie that somehow makes sitting exams into a thriller.

1 person likes this.
  3. dwrex

dwrex Member

4. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

once upon a time is Hollywood was pretty crazy.
    with brad pit in the 60's
    theres going to be a between two ferns movie.

edit: you guys didn't like it?

5. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

Personally, I thought it was a mediocre picture, especially given the talent present on set; subject-matter at hand. Not too hard to make it interesting. Instead..

I would compare it to going to a nice restaurant (expecting good things) and waiting hours just to be serviced, only to receive cold food, only to pay the big bill.

I thought the Jamie Foxx/Christopher Waltz/DiCaprio trifecta killed it in Django, big time. But what goes up must go down too, right?

The highlight for me was the soundtrack, with this vesion of California Dreamin'. But that's just my 2-cents.