1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Leonardo Da Vinci: 500-year of Genius

Discussion in 'Wild Card Forum' started by enjoypolo, Sep 8, 2019.

1. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Leonardo Da Vinci, self-portrait, date unknown
    Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519) is probably the epitome of self-taught (autodidact), polymath genius, and esoteric wizard, a man who was well-ahead of his time. Although we've all heard of him at some point, his life and work is still elusive to me.

All I know, is that in my awakening journey, I keep realizing how much this guy was an off-the-charts genius, not to mention an incredible artist, and inventor, and probably more things than I know of.
    His disciple Giordano Bruno is also a name that always gets my attention, although I've never yet read his books (he was burned at the stake, for, amongst other things, his theories of a Unified Cosmogony)
    The Vitruvian man (with all its holo-fractal sacred ratios) used to hang on the walls of our old place, alas I left it there. Now though, I noticed even some Italian euro coins feature it on the back of it!
    Talk about cultural heritage.

Vitruvian Man by Alan Green (Barcode)

This year supposedly marks the 500-year anniversary since his passing away, and in fact, The Louvres museum in Paris will hold a historical exhibition featuring the biggest collection of his work to the public from October 19-February 2020. They're flying in his works from all-around the world, so safe to say, this is one for the books.
    I also know Robert Grant posted some pictures of the collection featured at a museum in California (Ronald Reagan Museum), so maybe that's something closer to home for some. (Sadly, the last day of this exhibit is Sept 8, as I write this..)

Feel free to share any anecdotes or interesting facts about the man, I'm all ears.

Here's one, I forget where I heard this (could be Resonance Science or elsewhere) The Last Supper, one the iconic fresco of Da Vinci, in the background, those windows apparently look curiously similar to the entrances of the pyramids of MesoAmerica (or Egypt for that matter). Interesting thought, no?

[​IMG]
    The Last Supper, Leonardo Da Vinci, circa~1500, mural painting
    [​IMG]
    For anyone well-versed in the Italian language, here's a gem of a collection of his works (makes me want to pick-up Italian just for this!): http://www.arsilluminandi.com/index.php/i-codici-di-leonardo-da-vinci (here in a rough translation in English)

- Another anedote that's famous, is that his notes/writings are reversed so that you need a mirror to decode. I used to think this was just a layer of encryption. Until I realized, much later, our eyes actually invert the light entering our eyes. Perhaps, he was telling us something deeper about the nature of reality (in pure gnostic fashion). Also reminds me of Schauberger's famous quote about: Doing the opposite way Science does things today (to get the answers).

Another example of fascinating mysteries surrounding this guy.

- Here’s another surreal feat of architecture that I’ve only accidentally discovered now. This Double-Helix “DNA” Staircase at The Chambord Château in the Loires, France:

[​IMG]
    Courtesy of Feel Guide

Two staircases, spiraling around each other beautifully, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say its the most magnificent staircase i’ve ever seen. And how clever! One to go up and to down simultaneously, not to mention the sacred patterns of Nature embedded. Wow :O

[​IMG]
    Frankly, I think he had unlocked the mysteries a long time ago. :rolleyes:

#1 enjoypolo, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    sirujux likes this.
  2. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

Here’s one anecdote that just blew my brains out, about Michelangelo’s most famous fresco, The Creation of Adam in the Sistine Chapelle courtesy of Robert Edward Grant’s instagram:

[​IMG]

I know it’s too good to be true.
    But in fact, it makes so much sense (God as mirrored in consciousness). Wow.

I googled this to see, and apparently it was even featured in an episode of Westworld. That series’ first season got me so impatient I didn’t follow up, but there are definitely some interesting predictive-progrmming elements in it. But I digress.

Since Michelangelo was a contemporary of Da Vinci, I thought it should be posted here.