1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Rogan Experience

Discussion in 'Wild Card Forum' started by enjoypolo, Aug 7, 2019.

1. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

JRE has become one the most popular podcasts out there, if not the most, and so for better or for worse, I think he deserves his own thread here.

I’ll jump straight into one of his last episode from yesterday with Bernie Sanders, the US Democratic candidate 2016 & 2020.

If I’m not mistaken, this is the third US 2020 candidate appearing on the JRE after Tulsi Gabbard (D) and Andrew Yang (D). Bernie’s interview is the shortest of all, barely exceeding one hour, which is a lot more than what they get on MSM/Networks on TV.

Personally, I like what they dig into, healthcare crisis in US and massive corruption by Big Pharma and the Billionaire Boys Club; work precarity and education (free tuition and student-debt pardon); broken/corrupt criminal justice system (cannabis legalization; private prison system), and though it was crumbs, even a tiny alien question at the very end.

Personally, and this is only my two cents, I feel as though Bernie, while a good hearted man is stuck in the Old World of doing things.

His ideas, while being good on the surfaces, some are even commendable, still remain within this boxed paradigm.

Free tuition is a great example, I get the premise and the importance of diplomas to find work, but it doesn’t address the fundamental issue of the worth of college education nowadays.
    Non-holistic education might as well be purged, since it is so narrowed down and reductionist, so why bother?

Legalizing cannabis at the Federal level is a good start, but what about other substances? The prohibition paradigm itself is futile and based on the premise that these substances are only burdensome, but could/should be tolerated.

So that’s my criticism of Sanders’ programme. With the situation we’re facing, we need holistic thinkers, collaborative engagement and new paradigms, not just incremental changes on a collapsing house of cards.

Because otherwise, you may as well be a stooge for the Deep State wearing a sheep’s clothing.
    Forgive me for my drowsy ramblings on politics.

Still, it gives me hope that major candidates like him can openly discuss about massive corruption in the US.

To make it fair, below are the other candidates episode.

Tulsi Gabbard who delves deep into the military-industrial-complex:

Andrew Yang on his platform that includes a UBI system:

#1 enjoypolo, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    sirujux likes this.
  2. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

it will be interesting when elon musk comes back on the show. that show has the most views so im sure he will be back. the last show he was talking about how he had so many ideas and they are probably ideas related with the stuff that is top secret. it would be cool if he talked about something like there are aliens giving him this brain implant technology.

I wonder if hes heard of wes penre that would be funny to see what he would say about people thinking this is the end game where people turn into robots.

1 person likes this.
  3. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

speaking of that this just came out

4. shamangineer

shamangineer Well-Known Member

So taking bets on what Musks moniker will be now that he has gone full bond villian. . .Although I guess if he's just gone evil mad scientific industrialist you don't necessarily get a moniker.

1 person likes this.
  5. enjoypolo

I’d go with the Manchurian Candidate :p:D No but seriously, I think people lost him with latest brain implants.
    It’s commercializing mk-ultra tool kit to self-shackle our minds. o_O

6. enjoypolo

I enjoyed listening to this long conversation between Joe and Nick Bostrom, a philosopher who's become somewhat of an icon after his Simulation theory became so parroted by the mainstream (partly cause Elon Musk loves to talk about it). I remember being a sucker for that a few years ago, and his book Super-Intelligence which makes paints a picture for AI development left quite an impression at the time.
    However, a lot of my former armor and viewpoints have been shed since then, so I was really looking forward to this conversation with an open-mind.

At this point in time, I find Simulation Theory to be a fruitless basket: full of conjectures that are impossible to prove, yet can always be assigned a high-theoretical probability. After the interview, I am more convinced of this than ever before. It's unfortunate to see a smart guy like Nick Bostrom get stuck in cognitive dissonance loop faced to a knuckled-head like Joe. Frankly, I was surprised by how grounded Joe was in comparison.

Once you come across observable, empirical work like the one done by Resonance Science team (Nassim and his colleagues), showing how all protons are entangled with one another time-space and scale invariant, and mathematically provable, as well making intuitive sense (atlhough that's a qualia), for me, the perspective shifts to Universe itself being a simulator which we're all part of (and co-creators of). But in that case, simulation becomes synonymous for quantum reality, and hence, I'd rather call that "reality".

In comparison, Bostrom's conjecture of a computer-based simulation theory sounds to me like replacing Bearded Human-God dogma to a Computer-God theory (which interestingly, could feed in to the transhumanist agenda of worshipping AI Gods; although I give Bostrom the benefit of the doubt he's got good intentions)

Anyway, that was my 2 cents on the episode. I think it's a waste time to be honest, and Joe's description of "paralysis by analysis" describes the conundrum of being stuck in this way of thinking best (oddly similar coincidentally to our favourite psyop: flat-earth..).
    ;)