1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

How/What would you improve the forum experience?

Discussion in 'The Carlwood Q & A' started by enjoypolo, Sep 14, 2019.

1. brngrc

brngrc New Member

I thought Tapatalk was just an add-on to the previous forum...

I use Tapatalk on the mobile for a variety of different forums, and apparently they "support" tapatalk, not really "use" it as the platform.

For example https://www.xda-developers.com/ support Tapatalk, but it doesnt seem that they are using Tapatalk as their platform (maybe I am wrong).

So a different question, is there a way to follow this forum on mobile?

Thanks for your help anyway.

1 person likes this.
  2. rani

rani Well-Known Member

Hey EP - the big question has still not yet been answered.....

Can we open the forum to non-plus members!?

1 person likes this.
  3. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

You know what, I'm not sure about that. It looks like the kind of decision Greg @TheCarlwood should be involved in, since it falls in the category of Plus member perks (at least, at the moment). My only beef about opening the gates to everyone is, the proverbial flood-gates (incl. trolls, saboteurs), but I'm definitely biased towards skepticism.
    Having said that, the pros would be, more people involved, and maybe that would be a way to encourage other people to sign up to Plus?

Thanks for the reminder @rani ;)

Edit: Although one thing I noticed in the past weeks/months is a surge/growth in the number of "Guest" users on the forum. I feel as though those are mostly listeners of the free-show who want to have a glimpse at the forum (or not), which may favour opening the forum. Just an observation.

#23 enjoypolo, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. jack_daft

jack_daft New Member

Is there a way to do both? Have one aspect of the forum open to everyone and the rest just plus members?

1 person likes this.
  5. nickzeptepi

nickzeptepi Active Member

I'm sure we've mentioned that getting the comments for each show mirrored from the non plus site and this forum would be a fantastic first step.

I like it being non troll, members only. A little bit more promotion, like Gregg mentioning it and interacting s bit more would be beneficial.

Gregg give us some likes at least - show us your read this place more than once in a blue moon...

Consider the forum over at skeptico and Alex's interactions and comments in his show wrap ups.

1 person likes this.