1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you listen to THC+?

Discussion in 'New To The Forum?' started by TheCarlwood, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mrdemaria

mrdemaria New Member

...please note, it says here that Im a "new member" but I have been listening since about 2013....

2. mrdemaria

mrdemaria New Member

Hi Greg,
    1. I listen on my iPhone 6 on my iTunes app
    2. Since the app died, I have not gotten plus episodes. I was waiting for a new app launch-I figured it would be fun to catch up.
    I am now starting to think this might not happen.
    3. Please just explain the best app that I can listen to the plus episodes while I am at work on my cellphone.
    4. Thank you for your time. It must be annoying explaining things ad nauseum.

3. mrdemaria

mrdemaria New Member

Greg... my bad brotha.. I just went and RESUBSCRIBED and I found step by step instructions somewhere else on your website...it wasn't in the forums... I think it was in the trouble shooting area. I clicked "edit" then added the THCplus website and then my log in information and it all worked. Thank you for such a great show and excellent website. Please excuse my clumsy clunky slowness to get with it. cheers

4. haiduk

haiduk New Member

Right now I listen on Podcast Addict. I use Stitcher for a lot of other Podcasts.. both have their pros and cons...

5. earthstar

earthstar New Member

Hi Greg,
    It is good to be back.
    I am listening to the full show on my iPad today. I have an iPod classic for the active days. I hope to figure out how to get the full show on to my classic. I am only a few degrees from computer illiterate so there are no guarantees.

6. aynji11

aynji11 New Member

I listen on my kindle fire tablet or my cell phone thru Player fm. That's also how I get to your site. They have a link there. I have bookmarked your page on my tablet too.

7. aynji11

aynji11 New Member

I LOVE THC!! Even my son sings the opening jingle. Then I end it, loudly with "Allll right Higherside chatters...." Thanks for your hard work and much research to bring us this show!

8. niobe

niobe New Member

Listening on my pc via the website while I work. I would like to download some episodes to my phone to listen to while driving, just haven't done it yet.

9. toad

toad New Member

i listen on the andrroid phone during 3rd shift or walking the war dogs

10. greenknight

greenknight New Member

1. Android.
    2. I listened via the list from the THC website as a noob. Use castbox now that I have joined, seems to work decent, but is not ideal by any stretch.
    3. The level of control of the location in the recording really depends on the app used. I have not found the best free app yet. I found that I will endure a horible interface in order to just start listening.

11. PurpleLama

PurpleLama New Member

I always download the mp3s from the plus pages onto my phone, and listen while driving back and forth to work.

12. thunderchicken

I download to my sd card, and play on VLC player. The show just sounds better when I'm outta cell service areas lol. I stumbled on this gem you call a 9-5 on Bubba Army Radio recently by "chance"...

sheddingmyskin likes this.
  13. lordk0balt

lordk0balt New Member

I've been using Podcast Addict on Android for about a year now. No issues at all.

kristilee73 likes this.
  14. realcoolrain

realcoolrain New Member

On Android here, I use a browser (opera) to log into plus, go to archives and download the newest episode and listen using Google Play Music. Not as nice as the podcast app I use (PlayerFM - really miss the 10second rewind button), but I get it.

Thanks for the excellent interviews Greg!

Greg

15. mrdemaria

mrdemaria New Member

I listen on my iPhone.
    Easiest way is through the iTunes app.
    What would improve the experience would be if the content wasn’t always some effeminate limey with an accent talking about witchcraft. The episodes seem to all blend in together with rarely anything different. I get it, you hate Christians... I’m sorry for whatever tf your parents did to you but I’m a believer that doesn’t push my beliefs on anyone. It’s tiring hearing all the little barbs thrown my way. If you think I’m gonna pay 8 bucks a month for this shit you are bugging out. Whatever dude I’ll listen to the free hour for the next three years until there are 5 or 6 episodes that I really want to hear the second hour on. Because right now I can’t make it through the first half hour anyway. What self righteous vomit already.

16. waywardintellect

waywardintellect New Member

Podcast Addict took the RSS feed so Ive been using that but before i went plus i used Castbox! would be nice to get THC + on Cast box since the other RSS feed based podcasts such as The Tin Foil Hats patreon, and those Conspiracy Guys patreon. I know THC is on Patreon but i wanted those sweet deals Greg said were only available through THC.com plus members. Love The Podcast Greg Keep up the amazing Work!!!

17. lordk0balt

lordk0balt New Member

Podcast Addict works great for me. The FAQ was clear and easy to get it working. Auto download and add to playlist makes it beyond ridiculously easy. The integration with Android Auto is great bonus as well. The website works just fine if I listen at home.

18. combustion07

combustion07 New Member

I was using stitcher but now that I've got the plus I just download it here for the second hour

19. derek

derek New Member

Yo, i think it's great that all episodes are downloadable.. altho haven't done that yet.. i play shows on a web browser on an old iphone, which doesn't burn up too much battery like youtube.. the audio is usually well bookmarked and plays without the screen being on.. gotta lower the emf exposure despite having a neutralizer tho so I'll be looking to download some shows in the future so that the internet isn't always required for a good listen.
    Thanks for the great work and your openness to improvement

20. sheddingmyskin

sheddingmyskin New Member

Awesome to hear I'm not the only one who uses VLC. I use VLC on both Android and Linux to listen.

I live in a high rate of vibration, and need the ability to adjust speed (default to 2x) of the norm of most speakers. I'm sure some of the other podcast apps allow it, but I'm partial to open source, so I can at least see what the heck is going on in the background.

My conspiracy mind has meshes well with my privacy centric beliefs, and has resulted in fuel to dig deep into technology to see how we are being controlled through technology. Open Source is the answer to our technological freedom. I know Android is the devil, but I'm at least running an open source variation: lineageOS (minimal amount of proprietary software).

Keep up the great work Greg!