1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you listen to THC+?

Discussion in 'New To The Forum?' started by TheCarlwood, Nov 29, 2017.

1. otto

otto New Member

iPhone. I’ll Start with Stitcher. Free hour. If interested I’ll switch to the plus that I’ve subscribed to.

Only once where I could not tolerate the guest. Lupa

2. hurmanetar

hurmanetar New Member

Where do you put in the plus password in the iPhone podcast app?

3. hurmanetar

hurmanetar New Member

I've been using a web browser on my iphone, and there's only two frustrations with that...

Sometimes when I click on an episode link, it takes me to a random episode instead of the one I clicked on. I have to try 2 or 3 times before it takes me to the correct episode.

Also, it is difficult to fast forward, so if I lose my place, then i have to touch on the screen forever until it finally skips ahead.

If there is a way to login to hear the plus show while using the iPhone podcast app so that I don't have to go thru web browser, please explain!

4. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

Refer to the website's FAQ page.
    The Plus version comes up with a small, green + sign at the bottom. Cheers

5. hurmanetar

hurmanetar New Member

Awesome! Thanks! I should have checked the FAQ...

6. linearnorth

linearnorth New Member

Sorry for the late reply - looked like you've sussed it out now though!

7. frozenspark

frozenspark New Member

Have grueling 63 mile commute to work every day (+63 miles back) so I listen mostly in the car on my Android device . Just log in on the website and download the episodes that way, and play them using Google Play.

The only thing I can imagine making things easier is having the ability to check off the pods I already listened to right on the website. Not sure if even possible, and honestly not that big of a deal.

8. healersandhellraisers

9. nickzeptepi

nickzeptepi Active Member

Windows laptop
    Use the rss feed into Mediamonkey then I transfer onto a sansa clip p3 player for use when out and about or exercise walking etc.

10. insecurefuck

insecurefuck New Member

how do you do that?

EDIT: Never mind I found out from reading the FAQ

#30 insecurefuck, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  11. genxgemini

genxgemini Active Member

1. Multiple platforms. Mostly desktop or smartphone.
    2. PODCAST ADDICT has been my app of choice.
    3. Duude, this space has come light years from day 1. The new forums and theme song kicks ass! Cheers,Dude.

12. doberdad

doberdad New Member

I use the Chrome browser on my iphone 8 plus. If you click the “Download” link under the podcast it brings me to a black page with a media player. Chrome allows you to lock your phone or use other apps as the podcast plays in The background

highercase likes this.
  13. reyrey2100

reyrey2100 New Member

I dont typically write on forums, but damn it youtube brought me here hahah. I WILL NEVER FUCKING PAY YOUTUBE MONEY, BUT GREG I WILL TO YOU. I just heard the intro to your Dr Dean Radin Vid and it sent me straight here. I was making a mistake not listening to the full show. but im here now and Im going to follow you and your guests. Im here to learn, Im here to grow. Im here to drink a little drink and some a bunch of smoke. I know how you feel about God, but, GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER.I pray for you, not as often as I want haha but I do. bless you and your team. I hope we can all find truth together and I hope to meet you and give you a great big hug one day!

thwolf likes this.
  14. cschiffler

cschiffler New Member

I listen on a laptop running windows 7, chrome browser, directly on highersidechats.com website. Other than the fact that for some reason, the show just stops playing at least once during an episode, I've never had an issue. I am able to easily restart it by using the little slider bar to back up a minute or two and then re-start the play button. I suspect maybe a timeout issue or buffering issue is lurking there somewhere but it is a trivial matter to pick up where I left off. I've been procrastinating on setting up a Linux box with Tor browser to see how that works out, but if I am able to overcome my procrastination problem, I'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

15. highercase

highercase New Member

Yo dober cheese dad- greetings from Elkhart Lake, I’m @ reikipalmdesert.gmail.com drop a line we’ll have to burn one sometime.

16. digichalk

digichalk New Member

Hi, I use an app called overcast on an ipad or my iphone 7. I like to listen as I’m on reddit or steemit sitting in my kitchen ignoring responsibilities.

I’ve been a freeloader of content from higherside chats, and TheCarlwoods’s latest announcement finally got me to sign up and youtube can bite a big one. Hi fellow stoners (or not soners), I really like some of the topics on the higherside.

17. bigpapi99

bigpapi99 New Member

I listen on an Ipod and get the shows from iTunes

18. sacroff

sacroff Member

Use IPhone podcast app. Works a treat and never any issues, much better than previous app. This is my journey to work listening. Listen to Runesoup as well, so between the two I’m covered most of the week. Fill in the gaps with another podcast...”The Partially Examined Life”, which is a really funny philosophy podcast.

That’s me done.

Have a great time all.

19. mickelodeon

mickelodeon New Member

I use Downcast and really like it.

20. mrdemaria

mrdemaria New Member

waiiiit… how do I do that? I can put my plus password in my iTunes app? please help... I have been paying and letting old episodes build up ever since the app died... but now its getting to be a long time and there have been a few I actually want to hear the plus version of. I kinda wish Greg would maybe do a kickstarter or some method where we could finance a new updated app for the show.... I love the show a lot.