1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you listen to THC+?

Discussion in 'New To The Forum?' started by TheCarlwood, Nov 29, 2017.

1. TheCarlwood

TheCarlwood Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys,

It seems that a lot of users find themselves struggling to find the best way to listen to THC+. I've also gotten a bit frustrated recommending the fan made iOS app, because it doesn't always work, and when it doesn't, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm going to refresh the FAQ page with the latest recommendations I get, and also probably create more of a typical "Subscription Success/Welcome" page that provides these Best Answers upfront. So let me know!

1. What operating system are you mainly on?
    2. What's the easiest way you've found to get the Plus episodes?
    3. What would make it easier or improve the experience?

2. edlamoureux

edlamoureux New Member

3. edlamoureux

edlamoureux New Member

Hello ,
    I listen on laptop using windows 10 . Before being a member I listened to shows subscribed in youtube
    2) I found it impossible to log into the forum until you sent me my password . I didn't know it would take a few days to get the password via email. That was a little frustrating at first but I enjoy your episodes , I was a member before about a year or two ago . I cancelled due to a move back east . I am back in Nevada and glad to be a paid in full for a year member now - Love the show
    3) first post for me , first time in the forum - I have no recommendations yet , See ya next year

4. hatzman

hatzman New Member

I use Android mainly, on my Samsung S8+.
    I used to use the Pocket Casts app, however it randomly stopped updating for Plus. I have too many other podcasts going and didn't want to reinstall it.
    Now I use Beyond Cast app instead. Works perfectly for Plus.

On Windows I use Clementine.

5. corkus

corkus New Member

I listen on my iphone 8 at work using the THC app which works most times, but doesn't keep my spot, so every time i come back to an episode, I have to guess where i was at! Annoying but it works. Downloaded Patreon to my phone, but can't figure out how to get it working correctly.

6. panopticondom

panopticondom New Member

I listen on Downcast but it's not refreshing at the moment. Luckily lots of goodness downloaded.

7. erikx

erikx Member

1. Mac + Android
    2. Podcast Addict
    3. Add THC+ to iTunes, as Podcast Addict is able to search through iTunes library. Entering the URL on a small Android device manually is a hassle. Not sure if it is possible to host the Plus-Show on iTunes, checking for payment may be difficult and Apple may want to have its share.

8. naphtha

naphtha Member

I still use a blackberry z10. I just download the file from the + website and listen whenever. The files are small enough, I have the last 63 shows downloaded.

9. mobios

mobios New Member

Just using safari on my iPhone5s, apps been unusable to me for months. Still have to try the new iTunes podcast+ option you mentioned.

10. glow wanders

glow wanders New Member

I download onto my phone then open my phone's music app and listen from there so I can pause and control that, one defect I notice when I download the other option it just opens a window and once it closes it will not reopen to the spot I left it at. Besides that no complaints and I grabbed in a problem listening figure out another option it's not that difficult. 4 years long THC sub -grant @glow_wonders

11. TheCarlwood

TheCarlwood Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback, haven't heard many people mention the Music App.

1 person likes this.
  12. johndjasper

johndjasper New Member

13. glow wanders

glow wanders New Member

Only app i used the whole time since I've been a member

14. tinafrissora

tinafrissora New Member

I listen on an android phone using the Podcast Addict app. I can download the shows over wi-fi and listen wherever with no problem : )
    The app allowed me to add the plus version of the show via entering "https://www.thehighersidechatsplus.com/feed/thc-plus/" into the option for RSS feeds and then entering my user name and password. Worked just fine : )

15. atlantickush

atlantickush New Member

Yo Greg i had a couple of minutes figuring out how to get the premium shows on android, once I downloaded podcast addict it was fine. My friend has had your website blocked while on the O2 mobile network in the UK ... Bit weird?!?

16. scottbakalar

scottbakalar New Member

THC+ site to my laptop. Laptop to a memory stick. Memory stick to my car audio. Perhaps a bit of a clunky, elaborate method - but it works for me. Listen exclusively during my 45 minute (one way) commutes to work.

17. trintdaddy

trintdaddy Active Member

I just download the podcast each time a new one is uploaded & listen via PowerAmp.

18. mattcp1

mattcp1 New Member

I just joined and use the standard podcast app in ios...works great!

19. spectator360

spectator360 New Member

I use a Mac-Book Pro most of the time. I have not been able to sign in and listen to the extended broadcasts in over a week? When I try to Login the page just refreshes but it does not give me the chance to put in my password info.

20. linearnorth

linearnorth New Member

I used to use the fan-made app but when that went down I started listening through my iPhone's podcast app... Was so glad when I realised that i could put my plus password in and access them through there.