1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Midlands, England (Sirens are not mermaids)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by nynethymes, Jul 27, 2018.

1. nynethymes

nynethymes New Member

New to forums, been listening a few years, subscribed a few months. I dont normally talk much but something is bugging me about a show a few months back: sirens are not mermaids and it bothers me more with every passing day. So I’m getting around to a few words on that - respectfully, because I like Chris Knowles’ work and he probably knows sirens aren’t mermaids; he was looking at the big picture and pulling a lot of threads together so...

Also took a look at some of Thomas Sheridan’s art work and music a few days ago, which magically cured a ten year art and drawing block (!) so I want to thank him for that. I have huge respect for most of the guests and will probably just keep on listening happily and quietly at higher price; well worth it. Thanks for a great show, Greg.

2. gotukola

gotukola New Member

How are sirens not mermaids? I don't know enough info to have a legit opinion on it. I have hated mermaids ever since I listened to a few THC's on the subject of sirens hahaha.

3. nynethymes

nynethymes New Member

Sirens are bird women, mermaids are fish women. I'm not an expert either but I love untangling the old myths and seeing where they've been corrupted over time. I could have it wrong but I'm pretty sure this siren - mermaid mix up is Hollywood wrecking ancient archetypes out of laziness or malice. Probably should've started a separate thread. Anyhow, Hi.

sroyle41 and (deleted member) like this.