1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Elon Musk: Coming out of the closet?

Discussion in 'The Case For...' started by enjoypolo, Sep 18, 2018.

1. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

tesla is still making cars, i think its the only car company making cars. i wonder if this virus will slow down what elon musk does. i doubt silicon vally will slow down much in advancing in weird brain computer tech. this could make 5g happen faster, who knows what will happen.

2. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

I suspect that the Silicon Cabal are breaking their records in profits, with everyone staying home and using digital-everything. This is only going to make us more dependent on Amazon, social media and whatnot, not saying they're not useful in these times, but it's going to affect small biz even worse.

As you say, this will only accelerate the digital (mind) virus even more, and they will be announcing China-like surveillance methods using people's smartphones (I'd put my money on FB). As for 5G, Elon has already announced a larger-than-previously-thought fleet of satellites known as Starlink, to blast us with 5G from space.

I know Apple has allegedly been offering one ebook from its digital-store to US-residents so far. But for a goliath worth more than a $trillion, I say, Is that all you can do for people in times like this? Don't even get me started on the just-announced US 2 $trillion bail-out, with only a meager one-time $1,200 cheque to the people. the apex of greed and contempt right there (undoubtedly that was the plan all-along)

3. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

4. nickzeptepi

nickzeptepi Active Member

5. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

6. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

https://www.rt.com/usa/487635-musk-wipes-tesla-value-freedom/

I cringe just posting about it, but you can't make this up. Elon's shape-shifting cover is down and showing his true colours.
    This dude is nothing but an uncharismatic charlatan (which is the least you could ask of a con-man), and I'm enjoying seeing his demise every step of the way :)

He also changed his profile pic on Twitter to Deus Ex, and while I have never played the original game, reading the story-line makes the hair on your back stand. You can't make this shit up! o_O:cool::D

7. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

often i hear about new thing getting sent off to space, why cant we have nice things on earth instead of losing money all the time?

1 person likes this.
  8. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Moderator
    Staff Member

Freshly out of the oven

I have not yet listened to it, but it's intriguing to say the least :D:cool:

Edit:
    Interesting discussions that insights into how this dude thinks, or seems to at least.
    This article from RT pretty much sums it up. The whole thing about their newborn's name is a personal decision, but still, who names their kid after a classified CIA program, even as cool as the SR-71 blackbird.. weird..

But then it gets even weirder when he talks about the wickedly disturbing, Jose Delgado-style brain implants from his NeuralNet project. Joe did a great job at pointing out some of the (obvious) dangers of such a thing, and from what it looks, he doesn't seem too concerned (a poin to which I'll come back).

Then, talking Covid, we actually have agreements: the fatality rate is greatly exagerated; the lack of clear data and the importance of lifestyle for the immune system.

Thing is, if you've been wandering long enough, you stop judging someone from their words and from their actions instead. To me, Elon can't be ignored for the fact that he 1) launches them spacex starlink systems (which was not addressed by the way) and 2) plans to fuse human and AI "because it's inevitable". He kept bringing this latter argument, and all I could think was: the state of current AI can't even the most mundane tasks, and he's telling us that we're too dumb and "if you cant beat 'em, join 'em"? Now now buddy..
    My 2 cents :cool:

#88 enjoypolo, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    sirujux and orchid20 like this.
  9. nickzeptepi

nickzeptepi Active Member

yes its him but someone mixed it up good

sirujux likes this.
  10. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

weird story about elon musk @ 21 min.

11. sirujux

sirujux Active Member

kinda funny people are calling him a simp.