1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Burrows Cave saga

Discussion in 'THC Explorers Club' started by naphtha, Aug 11, 2016.

1. naphtha

naphtha Member

I have done a lot of looking into this topic, and I am even more confused than when I first heard Harry talk about this. Man, this thing could go either way. Only way we will know is to go look. But, I have at least narrowed it down to a 1 sq mile area to search. I went to his website, re-listened to the interview several times, read a couple articles and found a place that matches the clues. "IF" this cave does exist, and is not a hoax, lie or misinformation, then it should be right here. 2.5 mi south west of helm. 10 miles east of Kell. Its near the skillet river. There is a creek here too, aside from the river which was mentioned. There is a powerline easement as well. One of Harrys photos stated in the caption that it was taken facing south towards the easement. I have found the "valley", but in truth it should be a ravine or gorge. Orval Lowery was a share cropper. He raised crops and split them with the land owner, so he never owned the land. Is it true? I cant say. But I shall go look soon. Im from OK, so its not too bad a trip.
    Will

genxgemini likes this.
  2. betyveggiespaghetti

betyveggiespaghetti New Member

I'm super late to this, did you ever go?

3. naphtha

naphtha Member

Unfortunately no I did not. I still want to of course. I didn't go because I did move houses and got caught up in the rat race before winter hit. This summer still looks hopeful

4. highersidetoph

highersidetoph New Member

Did you go this summer?

5. genxgemini

genxgemini Active Member

Sounds like expedition #2:)