1. Hey Guest !

Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Aquatic Ape Theory

Discussion in 'The Case For...' started by shamangineer, Jul 7, 2019.

1. shamangineer

shamangineer Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  2. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

I'd buy that theory for sure. Nothing makes me feel more at ease than swimming under water, it's like meditating for me.

[​IMG]
    I had to.. :p:D

1 person likes this.
  3. smipapa

smipapa New Member

Nice synchronicity there S - I just came across that one too. Still TBD on why our hair grows so dang long off our heads, that seems like a bug in the code. And breasts - just us and bonobos that have those I think.
    Lloyd Pye had his theory on how our chromosome count makes it obvious that we're hybrid... something about a broken pair? I need to do more research there

4. enjoypolo

enjoypolo Well-Known Member

Ever since I came across this thread, this idea of human evolution and the steps involved has been on the back of my mind.
    My current views on evolution, based on what I've read, heard and experienced, is that evolution occurs in distinct "steps", similar to the way a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Of course, distinct steps can be experienced as slow, gradual changes taking hundreds of years depending on the time-scale we use.

More recently, it was while reading One-Eye in the land of the Blind, that it hit me that evolution is an alchemical process (or Nature's process of transformation). And contrary to what I had thought until then, the elements have an intricate order from: (out of Aether) Earth, Water, Fire, Air and back to Source (Aether/Quintessence).

The thought of aquatic ape theory came to my mind at the time, and wondered if that's not the course of our evolution as well, from Earth (micro-organisms in the soil) to Water (evolving to fish and aquatic beings) which then go on to land (mammals) to discover the process of Fire (a technological/intellectual leap, also associated with steam-engine, the basis for the industrial revolution). And if that was indeed the case, then the next logical step in our evolution would be Air (even current technologies flying in the air are barely 150yrs old, except maybe for Da Vinci who was way-ahead), with the ultimate step being Aetheric (once all the elements' process are mastered)

Now intuitively, this sort of makes sense to me. In fact, I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that Thoth from Egyptian mythology is bird-headed (as in, he's a higher, more evolved entity)

[​IMG]

Here's a passage from the book that I find fascinating regardless of whether it's factual or not
    It goes on and on (I'd post more, but word-limit oblige..) Fascinating thought for sure.

#4 enjoypolo, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019