1. Hey Guest !

    Welcome to the new Higherside Forums. To start participating, you'll need a password for the system. You can get one established by clicking the "forgot password" link, and a URL to create one will be sent to your THC+ email. Your username should be the same, but these are now two independent systems. As a result, changes to your THC+ username/password will not be reflected in your THC Forum username and vise versa. Also, as a bonus, your ability to participate in the forums will continue beyond the life of your THC+ membership.

    Enjoy the upgrade! Users can now make a full profile, start conversations (private messages) between each other, give and track likes, utilize trophies, conduct polls, write public statuses, comment on statuses of others, subscribe to forums, receive alerts, see latest activity, share media, and much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about selling a food product?

Discussion in 'THC Entrepreneurs' started by diogenes, Aug 30, 2016.

  1. diogenes

    diogenes New Member

    Jul 17, 2016
    Likes Received:
    maybe there's an online class for cheap?

    i'm pretty sure to sell food in any way it has to be produced in a certain type of kitchen, which is not part of a home.

    could be slightly off about that but i am involved with an art group that rented out their big kitchen space to food trucks and pastry makers who sold to local coffee shops and such.
  2. orangeluckypierre

    orangeluckypierre New Member

    Dec 27, 2017
    Likes Received:
    You can do it "from home" if it's at a local level. It's only if you start selling to larger stores that they'll require food certificates. I make and sell chocolates but have other people make the products for me and they have all the certificates.

    But the best advice I can give is to start small and local and see what happens.
  3. personman

    personman New Member

    Feb 2, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Most states have what they call a 'cottage food' law, this outlines the foods you can and cannot make for sale in a home kitchen. Look it up for your state, it usually just excludes things like meat products, dairy, pickles, jams, basically stuff that can mold easily. Lots of stuff is ok to sell with nothing more than a vendor's or seller's permit, basically a business liscense, It's easier than you would think. Your local university ag extension will be able to give you more info than you wanted.